Recently, ITS Automotive Dep. has developed the robotic platform of the REX for LAHAV division at IAI.
The REX is a multi-logistic robot, and basically a field porter, based on a small robotic platform which autonomously accompanies units of 3-10 soldiers at infantry forces.
• Max payload - 250 kg
• Max speed of 12km\h
• Dimensions H750 W800 L1600
The development of the Rex involved with cross wide all automotive components of an
Off Road Robot:
• High strength ultra light chassis
• High torsion resistance trailing arms suspensions.
• The power unit was designed by our engine shop, including 13hp@8000rpm engine, equipped with Motec EFI system.
• Integrated planetary gearbox, with reduction of 240:1
• Built in generator capable of 25Amp
• Ultra efficient linear actuators for steering, braking, gear selector.
• 4 wheel symmetric steering system.
• Unique drive train concept.
• High efficient brake system, including:
• 180mm rotor
• Single piston float caliper
• 16mm master cylinder
• 750N mechanical actuator
• 100bar Hydraulic accumulator for emergency braking
• Fuel system with swirl pot, to prevent starvation under long time slope operating.
With the Rex project out on the market. ITS company positioned itself as one of the top military vehicle designers and manufacturers in Israel.
The Rex at the A.U.S.A